Travelling by train is simply amazing right! But then if you have nothing to do, boredom takes over or you get tired. A boom of some adventure can drag you out of that gloom. You can’t run within the train playing football, instead, you can play Foosball there! Yes, your table football. This will bring in the pleasure and enjoyment in the ambience. Playing Foosball while travelling by train, is indeed a great way to enjoy your journey and you will make some amazing memories as this is most important ever to a number of people who are well known.
Why you should try to play Foosball in your next train journey
- Foosball is rapidly gaining the popularity these days; this is a small playground which can be even placed in your home and even within the room. As it is a well-known game sport all over the world, you can also enjoy the same with approx anyone who is aware of being a foosball player. If you are playing Foosball while
travellingby train, then you will not only cover the distance but also capture the treasure of relishing memories. Let’s experience the same to gather the amusement in the next travel –
- A multiplayer game – Any game that requires a number of persons to play automatically becomes enjoyable. Similarly, playing Foosball while traveling by train, will lead you to collect a few people from your compartment or side seats. This will help you increase communication and so as you can enjoy each other’s company.
- Obstacle-free – Foosball is actually an indoor game and that can be played any time irrespective to weather and any other restrictions. If you are playing Foosball while traveling by train, then nothing will interrupt your game, neither weather nor stations. You and your foosball players can have the best possible fun of gaming.
- The super relaxing activity – Foosball is a game room which emphasizes the relaxation in the environment. This ensures you for tremendous fun which will serve you great pleasure. As you are traveling and may feel sleepy sometimes, the table game will help you to expel all the boredom from the compartment.
- Medical benefits – If the journey is long enough and you are getting the body aches, then foosball is such an amazing inclusion in your journey. After all the mind and soul consolations of playing Foosball while
travellingby train, here are the amazing medical benefits too. Any foosball player needs to move the body and wrist while playing the game and that lets the person feel refreshed. The journey gives the body stiffness and foosball is serving the ease to get rid of that. When the eye and hand coordinates, the player can enjoy the great adventure even within the train.
Foosball is a new thing to do while on a train. People usually played simpler games like chess to spend their time travelling. Now with this whole new trend of playing foosball is here, it is definitely going to become your travel partner.
Trains and table tennis… not a sentence you’re used to hearing, am I right?
Granted, this combo doesn’t sound as alluring as other great double acts like peanut butter and jelly, fish, and chips (shout out to all the British peeps out there!), gin and tonic or Penn and Teller, but it offers something more substantial.
It shows you just how versatile humans are. To be specific, it shows how versatile YOU are.
Let’s get straight into it 4 transferable skills that mean you can drive a train and play ping-pong. Trust me… you will be impressed by the results.
Table tennis is all about anticipating the other player’s movements as well as your own. A pro-ping-pong player will know exactly where he/she is going to place their next shot, and guess the shot that their opponent is likely to play in return. Essentially, you need to be one step ahead of your opponent. Otherwise, you’re always playing on the backfoot, and sooner or later, you’ll mess up. Similarly, as a train driver, you need to be able to anticipate bends, changes in tracks and other obstacles. A train going at top speed and with several cabins full of passengers, we’re talking about 150 mph (240 km/h) here, is going to take a while to slow down if you slam on the breaks.
Focus Concentration is something that every profession, sporting or not, requires. Ping-pong players obviously need to be °in the zone° whenever they are in a game or even just practicing.
They need to be committed to the game and focussed on their opponent, like a cat stalking a mouse, without the possible bloodshed of course. Train drivers are active for long periods of time. Anyone else is likely to lose concentration. But, as train drivers are responsible for hundreds of lives, they don’t have this option. People say trains are all automated these days° but this just isn’t true. Every now and again, you see a horrific train accident on the news, and it’s probably down to human error. As long as humans are in charge of trains, concentration and focus are necessities.
Reflexes for a ping-pong player are a given… If you are faster, agiler than your opponent, you are at an obvious advantage. The same could be said for driving a train. Someone that is sluggish, slow and just generally poor at reacting to things in time, is not going to make a great driver. Even though a train takes a long time to come to make a complete stop, the driver needs to activate the breaks, sound the horn, alert a nearby station, radio the cabin crew and inform emergency services. Someone with sloth-like movements will not be able to do all this in time.
• Remain Calm In Certain Situations
An approaching train station has contacted you to highlight a hazard ahead -a large tree branch has fallen onto the tracks. Meanwhile, cabin crew rushes in to inform you of a passenger that has suffered a heart attack and requires immediate medical attention. What do you do? Remaining calm is crucial. Panic causes people to make mistakes. You’re in the final game of a worldwide table tennis tournament. First place is on the line. Do you lose your head and concede the point? No, you win the point and eventually the game.
If they want to win, ping-pong players must be disciplined, confident and remain calm at all times.
Told you would be impressed! But please remember… Seek appropriate training/go through the correct channels before swapping professions. We are NOT condoning the hijacking of trains or crashing ping-pong tournaments.
What is a Birthday Train? You can schedule a slot that will include use of the railroad’s station platform including the station picnic area or the park shelter, for 4 hours and 2 hours use of a private train and crew for train rides.
You can click here to open a printable copy of this form and email Bernie at firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure availability please call Bernie Koch at 727-271-4783
Birthday Trains began running on the CP&G in January 2008. Birthday Trains will be available each Saturday of each month. Call 727-271-4783 for information and reservations.
Ride the trains to Santa’s cabin where the children can meet the jolly old elf
Don’t forget to bring your camera to capture precious pictures of the children on Santa’s lap
Have lunch with us.
Hot dogs, Pizza, Italian Sausage, and much more
(vendors are subject to last minute substitutions)
CREWS LAKE WILDERNESS PARK
Shady Hills in Pasco County
Find us on Google Maps
Our Final Weekend:
Sat Dec 19 10am – 4pm Sun Dec 20 Noon – 4pm
Admission: $5.00 per person
Children 12 months and under – FREE
Enjoy old fashioned
Holiday Music from the